- As much as I love creating healthy meals and working out on a daily basis, I love sitting on my butt, watching girly movies (anyone else watch Bring It On today?), eating leftovers and consuming way too much chocolate just as much sometimes….
- The second half of the last statement might be due to the fact that I drank one too many beers last night (and maybe that kamikaze shot poured into my mouth wasn’t the best idea on second thought?). Lets just say I am not feeling my best at the moment…
- I am amazed that I was physically able to go out every weekend in college (which was only one year ago, mind you) and still be productive on Sundays. How did I do it?? I NEED to study for my Bio test today… but my pounding headache and craving for carbs keeps getting in my way. I feel old.
- I made Anne’s Sweet Potato and Black Bean Veggie Enchiladas last night with Jon (my boyfriend), and they were SO delicious. We were both very big fans, and I highly suggest you make them (FYI they also taste delicious reheated and serve as a great healthy alternative to the more heavy/calorie laden Mexican foods out there). They taste super indulgent but they are filled with spinach, sweet potato and veggies… you can’t go wrong with them.
- Speaking of Mexican food, I also made a Mexican inspired salad for lunch yesterday that was pretty delicious:
- spinach/romaine (would have been better with all romaine… I like the crunchiness of it in taco salads)
- red pepper
- plain greek yogurt
- chili spiced beans (from a can)
- tortilla “chips” (I toasted a whole wheat tortilla in the toaster oven until it became crispy… they are fun to scoop up the salad with
- Is it wrong that I get more excited looking up super bowl snacks and eating super bowl snack than watching the game? I want to like football but I just…. don’t. No matter how hard I try, I always end up zoning out and staring blankly at the screen. I do love party snacks though and if I were going to a party I would want to make:
Or….Jessica’s Toasted Almond Parmesan Dip (YUM) Anyone doing anything fun for the game (or making anything delicious)?
On that note, I think I need to start studying and stop thinking about food (why do I always have this problem?). I hope you are having a great weekend!